Monday 31 August 2015

Writer's block

The irony of having so much to say and losing the ability to say it.

My brain has gone on strike.  I suspect this is due to the lack of sleep since Thursday, the miles travelled (approximately 1000), the number of races I have stood and watched, the things I have learnt from others and the pressure now on me because this blog is growing arms and legs.

I have sat here for the past hour trying to find the words to describe the last five days and I can't.  What a sport we are involved in.  What a group of people to know.  I've seen things this weekend that I will never forget and I am so grateful to have been a part of it.

That's all I can say right now.  I promise there will be a detailed breakdown of the best (and worst) parts of the week once I get Kilnsey Show out of the way tomorrow.  I'll be stood up on that joint taking bets tomorrow off people who only see that one meeting every year, who marvel in the excitement of it, and I'll have to stop myself from bursting out laughing.  If only they saw the rest of what we get up to from May through to October every year.

Best sport in the world.

I'm away to catch up on some Zzz's.

Night y'all :)

#1 Travelling Groom

No comments:

Post a Comment